Virginia bluebells nubbins???!?

Yesterday I was searching out all the signs of emerging. Someone has gotten a bit ahead of schedule in the flower wakening department.........or it's because this whiskey barrel is under a black cherry tree, facing west and with it's back to the east on a northward slope...........but I found little purplish nubbins all clustered together tightly.............madgardener up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler where the fairies have obviously gotten a little ahead of schedule? overlooking English Mountain in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone where the massive high winds pruned part of the long dead mimosa and spared my Diablo ninebark and Wine and Roses weigelia, Lorepedilum Pizzazz and lilac bushes............
Rotten fairies! The ones I purchased a couple years ago didn't survive until the end of the first season much less come up too early the following year. You don't play fair... :) John

THEY don't play fair <GBSEG> and I now have the first daffodil. Not a great one but one never the less. maddie

Hey, John, send me your address and I'll send you plenty of mertensia starts in a month or so (mine are still frozen solid!)
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA