vines to cover chain linked fence

Hi:
I am having a chain linked fence constructed along the property line (I prefer wood or masonry but budget prevents me from using those). The fence will be six feet tall.
I would like to put some plant that will eventually grow and "fill in" and cover the chain linked fence. I know there are vines that does that. What I am looking for is what variety of vines would be best, or is there anything else I should consider? The fence will be 105 feet in length so I am not restricted to one kind.
Location is Miami, Florida zone 10b.
Thanks in advance for any comments,
MC

There is an infinite amount of plants you can use, and infinite websites to tell you what they are. Here is one:
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/MG097
I use Google and put in "evergreen vines for Florida."

What sort of temperature is the metal on that fence going to hit come summertime?
FragileWarrior wrote:

A vigorous vine will eventually cover and shade the metal, making that a non-issue. Yes, there may be some die-back at first; but, in the end, the vine will conquer the fence.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

I would suggest that you think about using a shrub like our cherry, cocoplum, ixora, orange jasmine, or any number of others. Vines grow terribly quickly and are a nightmare to maintain, IMO. You'll rue the day. Shrubs you trim a couple of times a year and forget.
If you insist on a vine, I'd use a passion flower. Maybe confederate jasmine.
--
Toni
South Florida USA

I live in Central Florida and have quite a few vines on chain link fencing that encloses our yard. I have coral vine, pandora,carolina jasmine,clock vine, rangoon creeper and bleeding heart vine among them. The coral vine is a beautiful pink color and I see it a lot in the neighborhood climbing trees and covering other fences. It took a while for mine to get going, but once it did it really took off. It started on a small trellis but soon covered that and I have to pull it out of the hibiscus bush it tries to cover. But it comes off easily and I think it would cover a fence nicely. The pandora I have is on the fence and has covered that in a short time. But it has become a pest in the yard because it seems to root wherever it touches the ground. I pull a lot of that up. The flowers are beautiful though. The vine that covered the most area in the shortest time for me was the clock vine (Thunbergia grandiflora). If I don't check it every few days, it climbs into the tree next to the fence and tries to take it over. I gave one to my mother for her fence and it filled in 3 big sections in a short time.
Mary