Vines for clay soil

Does anybody can recommend a vine that will grow in heavy clay soil? I need to close a big fence but I am not willing to amend the soil.
Thanks

Google suggests that silverlace vine (Russian vine, mile-a-minute vine, Polygonum aubertii) and some honeysuckles (sempervirens, periclymenum, hispidula) might work. I don't have any experience with growing them in clay, though.
-- Jerry Friedman
claudia wrote:

I believe that neither ivy (genus Hedera) nor grapes are fussy about soils.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

Gwacious! Why do you think the French (and now the U.S.) are so choosy about the type of soil Wine Grape "x" grows in! That's supposed to be practically the #1 factor for winemakers. Maybe the grapes aren't "fussy" but the vintners certainly are!
Persephone
Persephone wrote:

Although soils are indeed important, good wine is more determined by climate than by soils. For table grapes, however, soils are generally not really important. In any case, I was responding to a question about growing a vine on a fence, not about viticulture.
--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/ .

Clematis paniculata grows like a weed in my clay soil.

I have nice clay soil and I have several vines which do very well.
C. paniculata (already mentioned) Campsis radicans 'Flava' aka Trumpet vine Passiflora aka Passion flower, all varieties do well in clay Mascagnia macroptera aka Butterfly vine
There are so many it is hard to name a fraction. I have these above and I live in USDA Zone 8b, Texas
I just had our walk along the garage enclosed with gates and a hoop and net set up so the paniculata, virginia creeper and kiwi can run rampant and make a covered walk . last 2 years I had to whack the paniculata back because it overwhelmed the fence it was on and it grew back with vigor. I am looking forward to how it does this year. Ingrid