Vine for hot sunny patio

Greetings, I have a 3X2 area of good soil (sandy + compost), surrounded by a brick patio in full sun. Needless to say, the place becomes hot during the day, with air temp routinely exceeding 100. Last two vines I tried both died there, though two small rose bushes survive. It is Michigan, now officially Zone 6, so it can get cold in the winter. Behind the area I have a wooden lattice. Anything that will do well in there and climb the lattice?

Reply to
simy1

Morning glories will live anywhere ;-)

They grow fast, and while not perennial in the north they reseed liberally.

Janine

Reply to
jrstark