Vine for garage wall

Hi, folks -L00king for your recommendations for vine to climb up garage wall:

Area:So. Calif coastal

Exposure: West, unobstructed

Would like: Fast-growing; lots of flowers (I can dream...)

Water: Is there anything low water? If not, please recommend anyway.

Trellis: Can erect, if vine doesn't cling to stucco

No Butterfly Bush.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Hypatia

Reply to
Hypatia Nachshon

These all need support (e.g., a trellis): Bougainvillea Star jasmine Bignonia

Avoid Wisteria, it will eventually tear your garage apart.

Reply to
David E. Ross

Thanks to Jeff and David for advice.

Jeff, I agree that Passiflora might be a little "tender" for strong Western sun, esp. in summer

David, I agree re: Wisteria; I went through that in another area. Beautiful, but...

I found more recommendations on

Wish me luck!

Hypatia

Reply to