very short yellow ground cover

Hi,
I live in Pittsburgh, PA and I'm looking to replace a steep stretch of grass that is difficult to mow with a low, 1" to 2", annual ground cover with yellow flowers. I'd like the flowers to stick around spring to early fall. Is there such a beast?
Thanks, Ed

how about this: http://www.stepables.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproductq
this place has some great ideas for lawn alternatives (something i've been looking into as well!)
-kelly
well, if I were evil, I'd suggest yellow (japanese) clover and/or common oxalis - both of which have yellow flowers, can endure any amount of trampling, never need mowing etc - the fact that they are noxious weeds need not deter you.......:)

The yellow clover is blooming here and is quite beautiful. However, I would suggest Lysimachia nummularia - Creeping Jenny.
I have potentilla (sp?) in one of my flower beds. It is very hardy and has beautiful small yellow flowers all summer. It will take a few seasons to "take off" but it might be a solution. This a variation of the bush type that is more commonly seen. It may be difficult to obtain. Paul Zone 5 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ah yes, Potentilla verna nana!!! An excellent choice!!!

Potentilla neumanniana http://www.colostate.edu/Depts/CoopExt/4DMG/Flowers/Perenls/creeping.htm sed5555