very short yellow ground cover

Hi,

I live in Pittsburgh, PA and I'm looking to replace a steep stretch of grass that is difficult to mow with a low, 1" to 2", annual ground cover with yellow flowers. I'd like the flowers to stick around spring to early fall. Is there such a beast?

Thanks, Ed

Reply to
Ed Stuart

how about this:

place has some great ideas for lawn alternatives (something i've been looking into as well!)

-kelly

Reply to
culprit

well, if I were evil, I'd suggest yellow (japanese) clover and/or common oxalis - both of which have yellow flowers, can endure any amount of trampling, never need mowing etc - the fact that they are noxious weeds need not deter you.......:)

Reply to
gregpresley

The yellow clover is blooming here and is quite beautiful. However, I would suggest Lysimachia nummularia - Creeping Jenny.

Reply to
Vox Humana

I have potentilla (sp?) in one of my flower beds. It is very hardy and has beautiful small yellow flowers all summer. It will take a few seasons to "take off" but it might be a solution. This a variation of the bush type that is more commonly seen. It may be difficult to obtain. Paul Zone 5

Reply to
Paul Paulsen

Cover Crop - Perennial Peanut (Arachis pintoi)

perennial, not annual, but a very good ground cover.

Regards, Wong

-- Latitude: 06.10N Longitude: 102.17E Altitude: 5m

stretch of

Reply to
nswong

Ah yes, Potentilla verna nana!!! An excellent choice!!!

Reply to
Cereus-validus

I live in Pittsburgh, PA and I'm looking to replace a steep stretch of grass that is difficult to mow with a low, 1" to 2", annual ground cover with yellow flowers. I'd like the flowers to stick around spring to early fall. Is there such a beast?

Potentilla neumanniana

Sed5555