Vertical vs Drum Core Aeration for Lawns

The local golf courses use a core aerating machine attached to a tractor in which the plugs are pulled straight up and down and it does a great job of pulling plugs and leaving the turf with minimal damage. All of the rental models I've seen are a drum type and they have a tendency to rip the grass or make sloppy holes. Does anyone know if there are core aerators that pull vertically available to homeowners? The greens keeper did not know of any.
-al sung Rapid Realm Technology, Inc. Hopkinton, MA (Zone 6a)

What happens with the plugs that are pulled out?

They are just deposited on the ground. At the golf course, they follow up with a vacuum cleaner like machine so no plugs are left after they are done.
My local hardware store rents this type of core aerator. Paul IL/WI border

Do you know what they call the vertical plugger or a brand name? -al
No Sorry I do not know the brand name.