venus flytrap tissue culture

dear all I need some help about venus flytrap tissue culture . Is there anyone who did this method before? I need some Information about the Medium and other important stuffs. Please help me If It is possible for you. Best Regards. Mohammad Karami Nejad

Reply to
tiger.simta

First try a search here:

Then Google is your friend

Johnny Borborigmi

I'm assuming you know about the basics of aseptic techniques etc and have access to the necessary equipment for tissue culture. 1/2 strength MS (macro and micronutrients) is usually a good medium. As far as where you can get media and equipment, have a look around the Kitchen Culture Kits website:

They sell ready made media in flasks and the site also provides links to other suppliers and tissue culture sites.

Buying ready made flasks is of course more expensive than making your own but if you're planning on doing mericloning it takes away the hassle of adding hormones. If you just want to do simple seed raising in flasks, by all means make the flasks up yourself (you can even replace the MS with an equivalent concentration of fertiliser and still get results). For home tissue culture, avoid buying supplies from the chemical companies that supply to the research market. Companies like Sigma will only supply to laboratories. They also won't respond favourably to laboratory staff who purchase supplies for their own use. I've heard a few stories of lab staff who've done this and have then found themselves barred from legitimate purchases for their lab.

Reply to
Andrew