vegatables when to plant?

Hello, I live in the low country of S.C. zone 8 .I want to start garden from seed. I tilled up a spot 5' x 20' used 1"x4"to for frame with a raised rige 1"6" tall down the middle. Isowed the seed watered it in and covered with 6mil. plastic. Is this a hot bed and is it too sone? It was cool season seed i sowed. I would be gratful for any feed back or links. Thank You, Whikyjoe
I would think that right now (if the ice storm has passed) would be a great time in South Carolina to plant cabbages, broccoli, peas, radishes, and other cool weather crops. After all, you want them to be ripe before the hot, humid weather strikes in May - so they'll have half of February to germinate, and March and April to ripen.

Agreed.
This is the best time of the year to grow your own frozen vegetables!!!!!

start
with