Valley Forge Elm looks great

My dad had a Valley Forge elm planted in front of his house last fall and it is looking great. It replaces an elm lost decades ago to the Dutch elm disease. The new tree is about 12 feet tall and has completely leafed out this spring.

Fantastic. I eagerly await the day when American Elms are a favorite boulevard tree again. And, in 2007, a blight-resistant American Chestnut will be ready as well.
email: snipped-for-privacy@beyondgardening.com
David Bockman wrote:

That is good news. I remember being down in the Smoky Mountains many years ago and seeing the skeletons of all those dead Chestnut trees. It was such a sad sight.