Using Plants To Make Us Happier

If we fill our time taking care of plants we can get rid of stress, it is a scientifically proved thing. Taking care of our green friends (the ones with leaves not Aliens!) we will discover new hidden sides of our personality and will get to know better how to love and care for others, firstly because a plant that we won't care for will die for sure. Accepting a plant we are assuming a new responsibility, we are adopting a breathing being.
Peace and Love Hippie Chick
http://www.hippiepower.com/using-plants-to-make-us-happier /
www.hippiepower.com

One of my favourite gardening writers (Jackie French - an Australian) had a very tough, poverty stricken time at one stage of her early adult life. She has written that at that time she decided that if she had all the flowers she could possibly pick with whcih to fill the house, then she would never feel poor. That thought has always stayed with me as it is so simple but rings true to me.

That is very beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing that. Peace and Love Hippie Chick.
www.hippiepower.com

I get a lot of inspiration also from poetry people write about gardening and even weeds! Just search for weed poetry to see a number of interesting and inspiring poems.
There's even a poetry contest where you can submit your own poems about weeds?
If you can't beat them, write about them!
----- At peace with weeds!