USA politics and culture wars

Please let it go you two. You are just shouting past each other. It is of absolutely no interest and quite OT.

David Hare-Scott

Couldn't agree more, which is why I just sent an "over & out" post on another of the threads that Todd has been monopolizing with enormously long posts on one of his theories.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Almost a month ago, I added Todd to my filters on this newsgroup, to mark all of his messages as deleted.

Reply to
David E. Ross

Yes, there was definitely an agenda there from the get-go. At first people tried to be polite, but...

I would if I could, but I'm still stuck with "now we own the world" Google. I did d/l Thunderbird, but can't make it work, so as soon as my techie neighbor gets back...!!!

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

You two do realize I have only "responded" to your political/religious agendas. I have never actually started one on my own. Higgs can't resist throwing his stuff into the midst of any conversation.

And I do realize that folks with other view points "offend" you.

Reply to
Todd

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

I've been tempted, but he still has some mild amusement value.

I'm an old-fart and still read news with trn, so I see a list of participants before selecting a thread. When I see Todd listed, I go in with "what is he going to come up with now?" filters running. (There are others here and there with similar expectations.)

Reply to
Drew Lawson

I might be an even older fart (less than a month away from turning 73). My doctor has me on medication for high blood pressure. I filter Todd because I don't want to counteract my meds.

Reply to
David E. Ross

I'm even older. If you go back to the original post it was on topic but HB twisted it. I don't filter anybody that is on topic most of the time. There are few ng contributors left.

Reply to
Frank

I have only responded. I have never started a political discussion. Thank you for noticing.

Reply to
Todd

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Don't see you making any attempt, you just keep provoking them, you are who needs to exercise self control.

My veggie garden just started about three weeks ago:

Back lawn freshly mowed:

Front lawn freshly mowed:

Three wise Fat Alberts:

Apple moocher:

Apple moocher bedding down for the night:

Barney the rescued barn cat:

Cali, Barney's sister:

Barn cats are tough:

My Jilly, the Mensa cat:

Wonderful big old farm house on five acres will be auctioned 7/22, great piece of land for gardening, has a lovely pond, and a spectacular view of the Catskills, half mile down the road from me:

Brooklyn1

Oooohhhh! (SFX) terrified sobbing.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Careful! We do not know the scope of his power!

You have a Mensa cat??!!! Tell - how does she actually manifest her IQ!

My Pericles does little except eat, sleep, check up on all visitors, and jump into my lap when I'm trying to read out on the patio.

He DOES have a sort of motional eating disorder: He can have a full dish of food, but nooooo! He has to jump on my computer keyboard, bulk up against the screen, until I give in, escort him to the kitchen, dribble a few more bits into the dish, and voila! Monsieur est servi!

Sigh! Whoever coined the term "cat owners"...Hah!

You gonna bid?

Absolutely LOVED the illustrated progress report!

Now send some of that rain here! We risk a $500 fine if caught misusing water in various ways.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Hi Higgs,

Thank to you and your great powers, my investment in future Nevada beach front property is not panning out!

Eventually you will get tired and California WILL fall into the ocean (oh, the pollution!). Then I will be filthy stinkin' RICH! YOUR POWERS ARE NOT UNLIMITED!!!

:-)

-T

I wonder if anyone will think I was not kidding?

Trade you Clark County for Alpine County!

Reply to
Todd

There's a great old quote supposedly from Sir Winston Churchill That goes something like this: I like pigs, dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals.

Reply to
Steve Peek