USA politics and culture wars

Please let it go you two. You are just shouting past each other. It is of absolutely no interest and quite OT.
On Sunday, July 13, 2014 12:14:41 AM UTC-7, David Hare-Scott wrote:

Couldn't agree more, which is why I just sent an "over & out" post on another of the threads that Todd has been monopolizing with enormously long posts on one of his theories.
HB
On 7/13/2014 8:09 AM, Higgs Boson wrote:

Almost a month ago, I added Todd to my filters on this newsgroup, to mark all of his messages as deleted.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see
On Sunday, July 13, 2014 8:24:21 AM UTC-7, David E. Ross wrote:

Yes, there was definitely an agenda there from the get-go. At first people tried to be polite, but...
I would if I could, but I'm still stuck with "now we own the world" Google. I did d/l Thunderbird, but can't make it work, so as soon as my techie neighbor gets back...!!!
HB
On 07/13/2014 11:08 AM, Higgs Boson wrote:

You two do realize I have only "responded" to your political/religious agendas. I have never actually started one on my own. Higgs can't resist throwing his stuff into the midst of any conversation.
And I do realize that folks with other view points "offend" you.
Todd wrote:

--

You and Higgs are both responsible for this thread drift into politics,
neither of you can resist the temptation, please both get off of it and

I've been tempted, but he still has some mild amusement value.
I'm an old-fart and still read news with trn, so I see a list of participants before selecting a thread. When I see Todd listed, I go in with "what is he going to come up with now?" filters running. (There are others here and there with similar expectations.)
--
Drew Lawson

". . . And I never give a reason"
On 7/14/2014 5:30 AM, Drew Lawson wrote:

I might be an even older fart (less than a month away from turning 73). My doctor has me on medication for high blood pressure. I filter Todd because I don't want to counteract my meds.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see
On 7/14/2014 11:26 AM, David E. Ross wrote:

I'm even older. If you go back to the original post it was on topic but HB twisted it. I don't filter anybody that is on topic most of the time. There are few ng contributors left.
On 07/14/2014 10:01 AM, Frank wrote:

I have only responded. I have never started a political discussion. Thank you for noticing.
David E. Ross wrote:

--

For me, he is now filtered for a few months and Higgs will join him if there
is not self control evident soon. Anyway let's get back to gardens.
David Harebrained wrote:

Don't see you making any attempt, you just keep provoking them, you are who needs to exercise self control.
My veggie garden just started about three weeks ago:
http://i59.tinypic.com/2qso58h.jpg
Back lawn freshly mowed:
http://i62.tinypic.com/2zic8bl.jpg
Front lawn freshly mowed:
http://i60.tinypic.com/mvrpz9.jpg
Three wise Fat Alberts:
http://i60.tinypic.com/24pctg5.jpg
Apple moocher:
http://i61.tinypic.com/x23xps.jpg
Apple moocher bedding down for the night:
http://i62.tinypic.com/300r8dj.jpg
Barney the rescued barn cat:
http://i61.tinypic.com/vo0pk9.jpg
Cali, Barney's sister:
http://i58.tinypic.com/2irn2ts.jpg
Barn cats are tough:
http://i59.tinypic.com/1564fb8.jpg
My Jilly, the Mensa cat:
http://i60.tinypic.com/2wgvjt1.jpg
Wonderful big old farm house on five acres will be auctioned 7/22, great piece of land for gardening, has a lovely pond, and a spectacular view of the Catskills, half mile down the road from me:
http://i58.tinypic.com/azgabt.jpg
On Wednesday, July 16, 2014 6:24:22 AM UTC-7, Brooklyn1 wrote:

Oooohhhh! (SFX) terrified sobbing.
HB

On Wednesday, July 16, 2014 6:24:22 AM UTC-7, Brooklyn1 wrote:

Careful! We do not know the scope of his power!

You have a Mensa cat??!!! Tell - how does she actually manifest her IQ!
My Pericles does little except eat, sleep, check up on all visitors, and jump into my lap when I'm trying to read out on the patio.
He DOES have a sort of motional eating disorder: He can have a full dish of food, but nooooo! He has to jump on my computer keyboard, bulk up against the screen, until I give in, escort him to the kitchen, dribble a few more bits into the dish, and voila! Monsieur est servi!
Sigh! Whoever coined the term "cat owners"...Hah!

You gonna bid?
Absolutely LOVED the illustrated progress report!
Now send some of that rain here! We risk a $500 fine if caught misusing water in various ways.
HB
On 07/16/2014 09:20 AM, Higgs Boson wrote:

Hi Higgs,
Thank to you and your great powers, my investment in future Nevada beach front property is not panning out!
Eventually you will get tired and California WILL fall into the ocean (oh, the pollution!). Then I will be filthy stinkin' RICH! YOUR POWERS ARE NOT UNLIMITED!!!
:-)
-T
I wonder if anyone will think I was not kidding?
Trade you Clark County for Alpine County!
On Wednesday, July 16, 2014 12:20:04 PM UTC-4, Higgs Boson wrote:

There's a great old quote supposedly from Sir Winston Churchill That goes something like this: I like pigs, dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals.