urgent ...pls help

urgent ...pls help *********************
My sister had a tree in her front yard in the center of the lawn...the tree sprouted roots and tiny trees appeared all over the lawn. She has had the tree cut but these little trees keep coming up all the time all over the lawn...she mows the lawn and they get cut ...but reappear.
How can she kill these ...that are sprouting up everywhere ?
My sister does not know what sort of tree this is...the home builders planted it...the house is about 18 years now.
Has anyone had any experience with this sort of situation ?
Pls help
Thanks Kim
You can buy Round up in the concentrated form (not the RTU-ready to use). Cut off the little sprouts and paint some of the Round up onto the fresh cut. If you do enough of them and repeat as necessary, you should get rid of the problem.
Dwayne

On 3 Jul 2006 08:31:37 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Yes, a persimmon tree nearly drove me to drink for a couple years at MIL's place. Talk to your local agricultural agent about spray herbicides. Today there is Image and it won't hurt most lawn grasses, like Roundup, (Roundup kills almost everything.) but it does take some time to allow the herbicide to work and the lawn looks pretty neglected until it is finally ready to cut again. Image won't kill crepe myrtle and several other shrubs, but these usually aren't the kind of culprits you are talking about. Info on Image: http://www.amdro.com/Image/labels.html
There is also Weedeezy: http://www.weedeezy.com / This allows one to spot treat without the danger of overspray using Roundup.
Regards,
Hal