Urban Compost Tumbler - Fact or Fiction?

Every gardener knows that good soil is a key success factor for a great garden. They also understand that organic matter is the most important component to creating great soil, and adding compost to your garden soil is the best way to get organic matter into your soil.
Last fall I purchased the Urban Compost Tumbler. When I saw it in the magazine, I thought what a great way to increase my compost production. As the ad stated, I was going to have compost in less than two weeks. What a joke.
What I have found is that the organic matter sits in the tumbler all day long and just cooks. It never really breaks down. In fact, even if I spin the tumbler twice a day, I can produce more compost in my standard pile over the summer than I can with my Urban Compost Tumbler.
Learn from my mistake Save your money, and stay away from the Urban Compost Tumbler. What they claim is all Fiction
For more gardening articles and information please visit http://www.growersinfo.com

Two friends said the same thing about tumblers. Always be suspicious when advertising uses a word which makes no sense relative to the product being sold. "Urban". Pointless. It's as odd as when supermarkets distribute sale flyers with products on sale because of Super Bowl, and in addition to chips and dip, the ad includes tampons.

They are as relavent to Super Bowl Sunday as chips and dip. You stick them in your ears so you are not annoyed by superfluous nagging and kid noise while watching the game........the strings are for easy and convenient post game removal. Keep the box handy for a handy projectile aimed at those who walk in front of the viewing screen.
Val

Sanitary napkins could be useful when attached beneath the chins of football fans, to catch the drool.