unusual foxglove?

i have a number of standard purple foxgloves in my garden,they have self seeded for many years.I noticed one of them was different to any i had seen befor.The plant has its usual purple trumpet like flowers pointing down,but at the very top,the flower has lost its trumpet shape,its opend up into a disc shape,it has the same colours but is maybe 5 or 6 times the size and has a large center point (stamen?) is this common? i have never seen one like it befor,i will see if my daughter can download a picture tommorow

Reply to
philh

I saw hundreds like that in the forest like that today.

never seen them like that before.

Reply to
BigKev

In message , philh writes

It's a reasonably well known variant. It's called a peloric foxglove. Peloric flowers occur in other genera as well.

The large centre point is more likely a style than a stamen.

Reply to
Stewart Robert Hinsley

I don't usually use that many "like that" like that in messages like that.

Reply to
BigKev

thanks kev and stewart for your replys

Reply to