unknown small tree?

Hello folks! Have a question, and going to post what I noticed and hopefully find out what this was.... On my way home tonight, I saw a lovely tree, or rather the top of it in a suburban back yard. I did a double take as it reminded me of the flowering cherry tree's we have here in the spring, as it was a bright pink in colour. I live near Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, zone 4(roughly), although in the city, they might get away with more delicate plants due to high fences blocking winter winds and lots of radiant heat from buildings keeping things from getting tooooooo frigid in winter.
This tree was similar to a small apple tree in shape, at least the top part was, and the leaves, not too large, and simple, were about 1" by 2-3" long, were a lovely pink shade.....thought of a burning bush changing red in fall, but this was really pink...almost fuchia....
Any ideas of what it was? Did I give enough info to even make a guess? If not, I'll try to answer any questions, but I saw it waiting at a stop light, so did not get a lot of time to examine it....
Many thanks for any suggestions....am thinking it would look lovely here at my house..... :) Jenny

Maybe European Spindle Tree (Euonymus europaeus)? It turns a bright fuchia color in fall (related to burning bush but much taller) and grows here in zone 4/5 with no problem. It also has bright fuchia-pink blooms in summer. sed5555
Could it by chance be that kind of willow they are selling now - with variegated leaves - white,pink, and green? (salix integra, "hakuro-nishki" or something like that) Here's the description: This upright shrub grows to 10 feet, has white-mottled leaves that are pink at the branch tips. However, it's marked zones 6-10 in my guide.

part
long,
fall,
zone
My neighbour has one of these, and yes the leaves are varigated on his, but not on the one I saw. Thanks for this one's name though, as he had it given to him, and they collectively did not think it would survive, but it seems to be eeking out a comfy spot. Jenny

fuchia
in
Sounds like a good possibility...gonna have to google and see if I can find a pic of one to compare. Thanks! Jenny

part
long,
fall,
zone