Unidentifiable plant

I have a bushy plant. Currently it's at the end of flowering. The flowers are blue, and are followed by a four-sided vertical lantern shape, which is green, and holds a ball-shaped seed pod. This lantern shape turns black as the seeds mature. I don't know if it's supposed to turn black - it looks quite attractive! Any ideas as to what it is?
If it is truly unidentifiable, there is no way anyone could ever possibly say what it is.
Even though your description is woefully inadequate, the fruit you allude to are somewhat reminiscent of a Lantana.
Lantana have flowers in a variety of colors, including purple, but never true blue.

Where do you live? How big is the plant? Annual or perennial? Size, color, shape of the leaves? Size of the flower? Is it fragrant? The easiest way to ID the plant would be to take a cutting with a flower to a garden center.
Dave Powner Wrote:

Hi Dave, I don't know if you can post pictures here but if not, and you have picture, try these folks.
http://tinyurl.com/6oa7b
If you find out what it is, we'd love to know. New
-- Newt