unexpected behavior of grass started from mixed seed

Hi...I planted grass from a sun/shade mix on 9/12. New grass came up, sparsely, within 5 days, unexpectedly soon but I figured maybe there was some annual ryegrass (I threw away the package) plus the weather has been quite warm.
Well, this sparse grass is now tall enough to mow, and there hasn't been any other growth. The whole thing looks kind of barren and patchy.
How long should it take for fescue and bluegrass to sprout? Could I have done something wrong? I am not completely unfamiliar with starting grass from seed, I raked lightly and am watering twice a day. I have done it before in a previous home with much more success.

Under optimum germination conditions, I'd expect to see some of the Ky bluegrass start to germinate in 8-10 days. IIRC, we did final germination counts at 28 days in the seed lab, and fine fescues at 21. That was with the optimal period of prechilling, and with the optimal temperature swings (day and night) for germination. Ky bluegrass and fine fescues are show delayed germination if the temps are too warm.
My suggestion is, "Patience, grasshopper". <g>
Kay