Underground watering spikes?

http://www.wisewally.com.au/howitworks.html
The Wise Wally Aqua Spike System has been developed to reduce the amount of water evaporation that occurs when watering your garden. Other deep watering spikes currently available use plastic drink or detergent bottles that click into the spike. The idea is great, but the bottles are unsightly. Wise Wally Aqua Spike Systems use a single aqua tank placed in the corner of a garden bed and out of sight. The spikes connect to the tank using standard 13mm irrigation tubing. Cover the tubing with mulch or soil and you have a hidden irrigation system delivering water directly to the root system of your plants.
I am trying to find out if anyone has used this watering system, or anything similar? Any comments? In principle, it looks fantastic. What I especially like about it is the fact that you only need to fill one tank of water, rather than walking around your whole garden watering everything. Im fairly sure my soil has a fairly high clay content, and Im worried that the irrigation spikes might block up to the point where the water simply wont drain at all. If the water drainage becomes slow, but doesnt actually stop, thats fine. Im just concerned about a total blockage. Im also not interested in spending mega bucks cant stress that enough. Any advice at all? Different brands better than others? Etc.
Gas Bag wrote:

They all look fantastic, but everything that I've tried wasn't that great. Basically, unless thay are applying water 24x7, then only the bits near the holes get moist and the rest of the garden is very dry. So, you could probably get something to work for a flower garden bed containing bushes, etc, but the best thing, IMO would be that brown tube with 3mm holes spaced along it.
My approach now, for our vege garden, is to heavily mulch and then use a spray strip or noddy (useless shite/low pressure head) over the top. Water early morning or late afternoon(some crops apparently don't like this.) and just let is soak in through the mulch.

You don't like the noddys? I love mine and must have about 10 of them around the garden somewhere or other (but of course can never find one of the blighters when I'm looking for one). They seem to be about the only decent way of delivering water in my garden.
FarmI wrote:

When they work, they are great. When they decide to sulk, they are absolute mongrels. Nor can they be intmidated with a big stick. So finicky about being level. I suspect our brand of end of hose socket is the problem.
We have three atm.

Yes. They can be mongrels at times, but then nothing else I have is so good for watering from a low header.
On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 01:54:40 -0700, Gas Bag wrote:

Here you are; http://www.greenharvest.com.au/tools/sprinkler_prod.html

Diggers also sell them. They are very good if you have to use low pressure water such as we do living on a farm. We only have a low head of water (which means that the tank that hold sour garden water is set on a low hill - if it was on a higher hill, we'd get better pressure.

Looks maybe useful for fertigating. Most water is lost not through evaporation from soil, but through transpiration through leaves, however.
What is the price? Can you build it yourself for a lot less from discards like used 5 gallon pails?