uh oh, spider mites, help!

I have spider mites on my indoor ivy, what do I do?
Dave

Can you take it to a sink, tub (or outside even) and rinse the heck out of it? Often?
--
Toni
South Florida USA

wash it everyday..put it by your sink and wash the leaves everyday until they are gone. These are very small mites and can't withstand the heavy water flow but be careful you don't keep the dirt overly wet.
alice
Give the ivy a good spray of water everyday for a week, then several times a week. Even better, cover the top with aluminum foil and spray the leaves with soapy water, making sure you get under the leaves. I heard that lady bugs will eat spider mites (I thought that was for aphids--is this true?). Spider mites like hot and dry conditions so plants in a south window are ideal to the mite's habitat. Wash your hands after handling the ivy and before touching other plants. Quarantine the ivy.
There are a few (insecticide) products that will kill spider mites although this is not necessary. Spider mites (not insects) can become resistant to a specific insecticide.