Two questions..Aloe Vera plants and Climbing Shell

Happy Halloween from the Boonies of East Texas:)

Two questions for you...

I have an Aloe Vera plant that I bought from a yard sale this Summer. It was a tiny little thing, but since I transplanted it into a bigger pot, it's gotten huge and has lots of baby plants growing out from it. Now, if I want to make new plants from those baby ones, how do I do it? Can you snip some off and start a new plant from it?

Second question..I have a Climbing Shell plant I bought from a catalog. That sucker has gone nuts and is all over the place now! It's a beautiful plant with purple shell looking flowers all over it. Now, if I want to take some of it and create new plants, how would I do it? Just snip some off, or dig a whole plant up? If I want to cut it back a little, can I cut some of the plant off without harming it?

Thanks for any info you can give me. I love to learn new things about gardening:)

Angie

Reply to
junkyardcat

The so-called "babies" are the new plants. Wait until next spring to pot up the offsets from your Aloe.

What in the freak is a "Climbing Shell plant" supposed to be? Is that something Texas oil barons like to grow? Why isn't it called a "Climbing Shell Bush"? Which catalog was that?

Reply to
Cereus-validus.

you go as deep as possible to make sure you get as much root as possible. I usually split them only when I put them outside for the summer. at that point I take the whole thing out of the pot, take all the babies, and replace some of the soil. but, and here is some bad news, next year it will make another five or seven baby plants, and the next year too. soon you will run out of friends who might want one.

Reply to
simy1

"Cereus-validus." in news:CEchd.14894$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com:

"ambitious shell-gamer" might be more polite than social climber?

google:

climbing shell plant (vigna caracella)

aka snail plant! :-)

Reply to
Gardñ

Who was asking you, Gardnofo fake mail?

You did not post the original question.

Your guess may be completely wrong.

news:CEchd.14894$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com:

Reply to
Cereus-validus.

"Spurious-invalidus." in news:X75jd.26864$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com:

you posted puns and questions to an open forum on usenet.

neither did you

so may yours - so what?

Reply to
Gardñ

You can bite the tube steak, Gardnub.

The original question was whether you were too dim to know when to just sod off.

news:X75jd.26864$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com:

Reply to
Cereus-validus.

"Cereus-validus." in news:LCkkd.18096$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com:

reread the thread. maybe your reader's busted. check the thread in google if necessary. anyway, i leave you the decision whether to reply any number of times you care. say hello to "k" and "0"

Reply to
Gardñ