TURK'S CAP

I was just given some seeds which I put into pots. I put them about 1 inch deep 14 or so to a 5 inch pot and watered them. I was told that they are to be bulbs and won't bloom the first year. I will keep them protected from birds etc and maybe inside the first year. Any other ideas or tips?

That seems awfully crowded -- 14 in a 5-inch pot.
It would help if you posted the name of the plant, and also your local weather conditions -- sun, rain, etc.
HB