Tulips Concern

Hi all,
I'm in NJ and my tulips are coming up and I'm very happy for that. However there is very cold outside (low 20F) and this is the first time I have Tulips. Is this normal? Will they get hurt with this weather? Oscar
They will not be harmed. Many bulbs tentatively stick up their noses (which are the top edges of their leaves) at any hint of warm weather, but the flower scapes are usually the last thing up. Therefore they almost always escape cold weather damage. (The tips of the leaves that are already sticking out of the ground may burn or get brown - the rest of the leaf which is underground will be fine).

The tulips all emerged early in 2500 BC and froze to death, now they are extinct.
Now on a serious side, even if the leaf tips get frost bit they are adding strength to the plant and the flowers will come later.
Thanks