tulips and iris bulbs

I am moving to a new house probably in December.
I dug up all my tulip bulbs without thinking that they'd have to be planted in the fall for spring blooming.
Is there a way to preserve my bulbs and plant them as soon as the ground thaws in spring? I am in Maryland, zone 6.
I also have been given a couple iris roots(bulbs). What do I do with these?
Phil