Tulips

I'm considering planting Tulip bulbs. How many should I plant in a plot

2 foot by 5 foot?
Reply to
skippysje

Tulips should be planted 4-8 inches apart.

Reply to
Alexandra Flickinger

I'd plant one every six inches, so two rows, ten in a row. Of course there are many sizes of tulips so spacing can vary. Personally I prefer to naturalize bulbs, I really don't like them lined up in a plot like soldiers. In a plot like yours invariably a couple won't come up so your plot will look like a toothless grin. I'd be more apt to plant a couple of clumps of like five each, along with a few different bulbs in clumps, like daffs and hyacynth.

Reply to
Brooklyn1