Tulip bulbs have yellow/brown spots...?

This is the first time that we've planted bulbs and my wife and I mutually chose tulips; Mixed Rembrandts and Queen of the Night. We kept them in the 'fridge for 6-8 weeks (I forget exactly how long) because we live in San Diego,CA. I decided to get off my arse and plant them, so I pull them out of the fridge and planted the Queens first, then grabbed the Rems and noticed they had these yellow and brown spots and kinda looked like they had been munched on by mites or something. I found out via www that Rembrandts are "broken" tulips and (I guess) they're deseased and that's what gives them their stripes, but are the bulbs supposed to appear deseased?

Thanks in advance for any help, Gene

Reply to
GenePewl

I planted a bunch of Rems in October, and I don't recall seeing anything like this on them. Perhaps they have a fungus? Where did you buy the bilbs, by chance?

Reply to
Aunty Kreist