Tuberoous begonias made no tubers; Why?

Hi--I planted some pelleted seeds (from Seymour's)of Pin-up Flame tuberous begonias last spring. They spent the summer in pots and bloomed very well.
But when I tried to dig up thetubers, there weren't any.
Can anyone explain? What should I do differerntly this year?
Thanks. vince norris
I don't know if the seed variety you planted was some variety of "non-stop" tuberous begonias, but in my experience, those never produce usable tubers by October and November, if the plants are bought in May from a nursery. I suspect that they are bred for quick flower production and smaller flowers than the varieties that form huge tubers and huge but sparser flowers.

Huh. In my experience, Non-Stop begonias are the only ones that *have* produced tubers in one season -- unless my sources are mis-identifying the varieties. I've had Riegers -- no tubers. Charm -- no tubers.