trying to id insect

I took pictures of an insect that I found in plants in my office last Fall, and I was going to post them in this newsgroup to see if someone could id them, but I'm not able to post them, getting the error message that I can't post binaries to non-binary newsgroup.
what is the easy solution?
Thanks, snipped-for-privacy@ncf.ca
Add pictures here
βœ–
says... :) what is the easy solution? :) :) :) Go to a binaries group, post your pic, then post here where you posted it at..or go to a free web hosting site and upload the pic there.
--

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

Add pictures here
βœ–

Fall,
can't
Post it to the gardening binaries group, alt.binaries.pictures.gardens with a sensible subject (like this one), then come back to the group and tell us you've posted it.
James
Add pictures here
βœ–

If you can, put the pictures up on a web page, and post the URL to the group.
Dana
--
Dana Echtner \ Network and Systems Administrator
snipped-for-privacy@encs.concordia.ca / Faculty of ENCS, Concordia University
On 9 Jan 2004 10:32:28 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca (r) wrote:

Okay, I'll play. As you've noted, the photos are blurry, which makes identification more difficult, but here's what I think you have.
It is a 'true bug', classified in the order Hemiptera. Further, it is a leaf-footed bug, therefore in the family Coreidae. An example can be seen at: http://collections.ic.gc.ca/biodiversity/family/Coreidae.html
This may (entirely by accident) be the same species you photographed, but you could tell that better than I. Regardless, almost all of the leaf-footed bugs get their food by sucking juices out of plants. There are always some in my potted tender plants when I bring them in for the winter. I've learned not to crush or alarm them because of the persistent foul odor they emit. Indoors in the winter they seem lethargic and rarely fly, but they are certainly capable of flying. To remove them to outdoors, I coax them onto a piece of cardboard and gently slip them into a jar before carrying them out.
BTW, if you want to see the families in order Hemiptera, back up one page from the URL given above, or go to: http://collections.ic.gc.ca/biodiversity/orders/Hemiptera.html
Add pictures here
βœ–

It looks similar to a seedbug: Order: Hemiptera Family: Lygaeidae Possibly Ortholomus scolopax? Found throughout U.S. and southern Canada Just guessing, sed5555
Add pictures here
βœ–

I think we've had this one before in sci.bio.entomology.misc.
"Western" conifer seed bug or leaf-footed bug, Leptoglossus occidentalis.
"Once restricted to western North America but has steadily spread eastward, reaching Ontario about 1985. Adults and nymphs feed on the developing cones of a wide variety of conifers such as pine trees. In the fall adults concentrate on the sunny side of buildings and a few enter homes in search of hibernation sites." (http://www.ojibway.ca/bugs.asp )
Google will find you hundreds of sites about it.
Keith
Add pictures here
βœ–

It almost looks like half of the bug ID requests are leaf-footed bugs.
Weird.

"The main difference between Bosnia and Palestine is that ethnic cleansing
βœ–
In sci.bio.entomology.misc j4m4l_$ snipped-for-privacy@salmahayeksknockers.edu wrote:

And now that I think about it, the other half are box-elder bugs.

"We shall try to spirit the penniless population across the border by
βœ–