Trying to grow roots

Help!I have a maple tree and would like to grow more of them,and like to start roots from its branches.What will I need to do?
Start with a good book on plant propagation and proceed from there.
Ghislain wrote:

dated Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:17:57 GMT:

..and doesn't even recommend a title. What a marvelous contribution to world knowledge you are, beeky.

Buy a rooting hormone such as Roottone from a garden shop. Read the directions. I haven't tried maples, but it works on most plants.
--Thundermaker$yahoo.com (Spud Demon) The above may not (yet) represent the opinions of my employer.