Troy built

Anyone know where online to get parts for a troy built #47278 Chipper?? I need a blade. Thanks, John
Presumably you've tried the manufacturer? http://troybilt.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/troybilt.cfg/php/enduser/home.php
Mike D.

Mike Davis wrote:

Depending on when it was built, the manufacturer (Troy-Bilt) is either out of business, or worthless MTD sold it under the Troy-Bilt name.
You can't order parts on-line from troy bilt

The earlier response is correct. The original Troy Built company is bankrupt. If you have a Troy Built "anything" your best bet is to check the yellow pages or go to http://swithboard.com and look up Troy Built. Call dealers (ie places that sell and service) and hope to find someone with parts still on the shelf.
Now if you have something that is an MTD-Troybuilt you should be able to get parts.
I needed a leaf/screen for my chipper vac. Found a used one at a dealer. It was really used. I had to pound it back into shape when I got it home. He only charged me full new price for it too ;-((
Good luck, this is one case where you'll probably have to let your fingers do the walking on the phone instead of the pc.
Peace! Dan D. Louisville KY good ole USA http://ky-dan.com
A lot of parts for the original Troy built machines are extremely difficult to find anymore. My neighbors Troy Horse Pro is in need of tranny parts, which he has yet to be able to find. Those dealers that do have a stock of the original parts seem to be jacking up prices to take advantage of the situation. Parts from MTD in general sucks. They don';t seem to keep much in the line of a lot of parts if the machine is just a few years old. Guess it gives credence to throwaway merchandise
On 16 Oct 2003 04:36:09 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@visto.com (Dan D.) wrote:

Visit my website: http://www.frugalmachinist.com Opinions expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.