trout lilies

We were out walking in the woods in Central Indiana and saw the trout lilies and other wild flowers. We have a shady space in our yard that looks like a perfect spot for flowers of that type.
Does any one know where you can buy seed or whatever to start these types of flowers in your yard

Trout lilies grow from bulbs - Erythronium species. Some of the better bulb suppliers (like McClure and Zimmerman) will carry them. They are also known as avalanche lilies, snow lilies and dog tooth violets.
pam - gardengal
You can also get them from Dutch Gardens in the fall books for planting. madgardener

bulb
known
Might want to do research before buying seeds...I've heard that the reason trout lilies are not often found for sale is that it takes about 7 years from seed germination to produce flowering size plants.
You will need patience and permanently moist rich organic soil. Preferably North facing to avoid drying out. Seeds take 5-7 years and even offsets take a good three years. If you can get bulbs, then plant in late summer in groups of twelve or more. Leave them undisturbed for years and years!! Best Wishes

Our Pacific species of Erythronium are called "Fawn Lilies"