Trouble installing drippers

I'm having a really hard time pushing the connectors and drippers into the drip line tube. Is it possible to soften the tubing? Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Quite simply place the ends in very hot water for a couple of minutes. They will soon soften for fitting and then tighten as they cool. Best Wishes

Thanks Brian! It worked great!
Brian wrote:

I use 0.4" drip line with connectors that you push the drip line onto and tighten a threaded cap over them so they won't slip off. The drip lines are just a bit smaller than the widest part of the connector so that they will fit tightly. This makes them hard to get on. I put them on as best I can, then turn on the water. Most of them leak at that point. I then go back and loosen the cap and push them on the rest of the way. The water pressure keeps the drip line open so that it doesn't kink up when I'm trying to push it on. The system has a filter and pressure regulator so that I don't get so much flow that it sprays all over me while I'm handling a leaking connection, but I do get wet occasionally. However I have always dried off afterwards with no lasting damage.
I rarely have hot water available when I'm in the field.
Or use a hair dryer to heat up the tubing.