trimmer spool doesn't move

I have a black and decker weedeater (I think!). It's the basic trimmer and edger, corded, runs from an electric outlet. It has a trimmer line spool that you have to wind every so often. Of late, the spool is not moving forward. After winding the spool, I leave out about 2 inches of the wire to get it started. Once it uses up that 2 inches it's supposed to move forward. Well, it's not. It just stops because the spool doesn't feed more line out. So I have to re-wind it every two feet of edging.

I'm winding it just like I have always done. Does any one have this problem? What did you do to get it working again.

Thanks.

Reply to
notospam2000

If they make a pre-filled reel for your machine get one and try it to see if it will work. If it does, you are probably not winding your line correctly.

Reply to
Hound Dog

I already did that, and still have the same problem.

Reply to
notospam2000

In that case I would scrap the unit and buy another machine.

At the start of this summer I bought a battery operated self advancing unit and it was the best move I've ever made as far as lawn equipment is concerned.

Reply to
Hound Dog