Trim Tomato plants ? Pic

I have a tomato plant in a pot and it's growing fast . Can I trim off some of the branches without flowers ? I keep off the suckers . Last year the plant reached five foot. The plant below is Early Girl.
Jerry http://community.webtv.net/Jerryohio-2/SALADANYONE
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 12, 3:58 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Jerry Ohio-2) wrote:

Don't be in too much of a hurry to trim off good leaves. You don't know which branch is going to produce flowers. Also you need leaves to perform photosynthesis. I trim off bottom leaves if they drag on the ground or get yellow (but my tomatoes are in the ground not in pots). I planted too close together, so have to caefully remove crossed branches or crowded center branches, to admit light & air to plant. That's about the extent of it.
Good that you are removing suckers.
You say plant is growing fast. Are you over-watering? Usual protocol is to start withholding water when the flowers form. You want the plant to put its energy into fruit, not foliage.
How big is the pot? Be careful not to let plant get root-bound. Was last year's plant in a BIG pot? Did it have lots of fruit?
Add pictures here
✖
Yes ,same pot . We had allot of rain in Ohio last year & my two plants got up to five foot & produced well. This year I have three pots & the Early Girl is the only one curling. My Celebrity & Better Boy are OK. I moved the pot away from the metal siding, thinking maybe it is too hot there.
Jerry
http://community.webtv.net/Jerryohio-2/LILOFFTOP
Add pictures here
✖