Trees (more specifically zones), and drip systems

HI,
I live in Pueblo Colorado, and was interested in finding out what zone we are in so that I can choose the right type of trees to plant. However, I've had some difficulty finding a website that gives a cut and dry description of our zoning, and I am new to this and just recently from a newspaper article found out about zoning. Can anyone point me in a good website direction?
Also, I am looking for detailed information on how to install a drip system. I am a horrible lawn person, and usually forget to water and etc, so I dont want to spend a bunch of money on trees and have them die on me. So when I say detailed, I mean supplies and also how to put them together. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help :)
jackie
On 15 Apr 2005 20:11:46 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

try this one:
http://www.gardenweb.com/zones /
--
Charles

Does not play well with others.
I'm pretty sure U of Colorado has a good extension service online, which should have lots of information about hardy trees for pueblo. I'll attempt a quick google search - otherwise, you'll have to use your own researching skills...for instance colorado state university might be the one as follows: http://www.ext.colostate.edu/menugard.html

Hi Jackie,
According to this website (http://www.mswn.com/MSWNhardiness_zones.htm#Colorado%20WI ) Pueblo is USDA Hardiness Zone 5b. Plants in Zone 5 areas must tolerate winter low temperatures down to minus 20 degrees F.
However, your city's website reports:
"Pueblo has a very mild climate with moderate temperatures throughout its four seasons. The average daily high is 68 degrees with an average daily low of 37. Although Pueblo receives an annual average snowfall of 31 inches, its moderate temperatures won't allow snow to stay on the ground for long.
Temperature Averages (F) (Low & High)
January 14.7 45.5 April 36.9 66.4 July 61.9 91.1 October 37.7 67.9"
Nary a below zero temperature there! I think it would be safe to call it Zone 6, with possible microclimates of Zone 7 here and there. Because you live in a semi-arid climate, there appear to be extensive water management issues and irrigation regulations for your city. You may wish to contact your city's government to see if water restrictions preclude you from using irrigation systems in a residential setting.
-- David J. Bockman, Fairfax, VA (USDA Hardiness Zone 7) email: snipped-for-privacy@beyondgardening.com http://beyondgardening.com/Albums