Trees in containers/pots

Can anyone suggest trees that would be suitable for containers for a south-east facing garden on the west coast of Scotland.
- Tallahassee, FL - Only where people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.
Just 2 comments... 1. Why not post this on uk.rec.gardening? 2. You are going to need very heavy containers to stop them being blown over in the wind, unless you intend to have them somewhere very sheltered. Tree type cotoneasters, White berried Mountain ash, Flowering crab apple on dwarf root stock, Various slow growing conifers and many more, depends if your site is sheltered, close to the sea or what.
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries