trees

would like to plant a tree in asunny location near my patio, facing south. live in portland..what kind of tree would you recommend?

Reply to
mukunddevan

Lacebark (Chinese) Elm

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1152983213.786617.80250@

35g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

I would recommend a tree that will grow in that area given its sun requirements and accomplishes what you want to accomplish with a tree.

What I mean by that is this: Decide what you *want* from the tree first. Do you want shade in summer but not winter? Do you want fruit? Do you want a large tree or a small tree? Do you want a tree that will stay green all year long and act as a screen? How much space do you have to give the tree? Etc., Etc., Etc....

My recommendation: Decide what you want the tree to do and then go to a local nursery or big box home store and talk with someone who can direct you to something that will grow where you want it to go and do what you want it to do.

--Bryan

Reply to
BB