Trees

I live in New England and am looking for trees to fill in the openings my neighbor just made in what I thought was good privacy. The land is non-useable wetlands but we do have maples growing it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what trees/bushes I could plant there to keep my privacy? The town planted evergreens about 6 years ago and they are just about dead now.
<I live in New England and am looking for trees to fill in the openings my neighbor just made in what I thought was good privacy. The land is non-useable wetlands but we do have maples growing it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what trees/bushes I could plant there to keep my privacy? The town planted evergreens about 6 years ago and they are just about dead now.>
Acer rubrum (Red Maple) Betula nigra 'Cully" (Heritage Birch) Clethra alnifolia (Summersweet) Crataegus crusgalli 'Inermis' (Hawthorn, thornless Cockspur) Ilex verticillata 'Winter Red' Myrica cerifera (Wax Myrtle) may not be hardy in your zone Sambucus canadensis (Elderberry) A slew of willows (Rosegold Pussy; Bankers; Japanese Fantail; Artic Blue; Black; etc.)

Look into Leyland Cyprus to see if it grows in your zone.
Otherwise I'd go with Red Maples.
Dick
cathie wrote:

Perhaps Silver Maples