tree troubles

His usual spam.....
John, it's about time people reported you as the spammer you are.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

You are harassing us with the constant repost of your same drivel. It's spam, pure and simple. Stop posting it and no one will complain.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
expounded:

No you have a psyc problem and think you should control who and what is posted. Control freak!!!
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Oh, I guess it takes one to know one. Ignoring many who have expressed the same sentiment and continuing to post what no one wants to read anymore seems pretty controlling to me......
You're in many peoples' bozo bin. You have lost any credibility you had with your constant reposting the same thing over, and over, and over. I'm not in control of anything, I am expressing my opinion.
Learn.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Is there a way to block users so I don't have to see any more of John's inane posts?

What software do you use to view usenet groups? Any real standalone newsreader has some way of implementing what's known as a killfile. This is a list of user identifications (almost always email addresses) of users whose messages you want blocked. Using a newsreader does require however an connection to a news server. Many ISP's provide at least a rudimentary news server that contain the popular text based groups. For more comprehensive coverage and binaries you usually need to subscribe to a professional news service. This costs anywhere from $5-$50/month depending on what bandwidth and supplementary services you want. There are probably free news servers out there. Worth a look.
If you are using Google groups or some other web based front for usenet then I don't believe there is a way to block messages from selected users.
good luck ml
ups.com:

not if you read through Google Groups. you need a newsreader & NNTP server. then you can filter & will see almost no spam, too. lee

I read these through a digest that is sent to me at the end of the day and then I click on the link to go to google groups. I use the latest version of internet explorer. From what I'm understanding it doesn't sound like I can filter my email using these connections?
Thanks for your help and sharing your computer knowledge!
~Tad

I read these through a digest that is sent to me at the end of the day and then I click on the link to go to google groups. I use the latest version of internet explorer. From what I'm understanding it doesn't sound like I can filter my email using these connections?
Thanks for your help and sharing your computer knowledge!
****************
Your service provider is Comcast, who offers newsgroups. Click this link and also read the related FAQs.
How do I configure Outlook Express to view and post to newsgroups? http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/index.jsp?faq=NewsgroupsSoftware17506
"If you would like to use Outlook Express as your news client, please follow the instructions outlined below. Or, if you use Microsoft Windows, you can click here to run a One Click Fix that will do most of the work for you."

Thank you very much! I'll look into that!
~Tad

Uh, isn't Outlook Express the favorite target of Web viruses?
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars
ct.net.au:

no, that's Internet Explorer, but OE is vulnerable to *email* viruses. however, it comes installed on most computers & for people who don't know how to find safe downloadable free news clients, it's way better than reading Google groups with IE (& a bit safer) personally, i'd go to Tucows & grab xNews (or use Pan in Linux), but some people don't know about that. lee
--
Question with boldness even the existence of god; because if
there be

link
Windows,
for
It doesn't access the Web, so no..... OE is just a target of criticism because it's a Microsoft product and with its widespread distribution with Windows, newbies using it proliferate. Getting any virus/trojan etc. infection is virtually impossible in text groups.
Your comments have nothing to do with common tree care. Nothing to offer anyone trying to lean. Please start your own post about topics other that tree care
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Your comments have nothing to do with common tree care. Nothing to offer anyone trying to lean. Please start your own post about topics other that tree care
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Get a clue, John, this is Usenet.