Tree that won't sap

Can someone suggest a beautiful tree that do not sap, produce no significant fruits ? I need a tree next to my driveway but do not want to have to wash my car every other day. A decidious that turns beautiful color in Fall is preferred.
Any suggestion from you experts out there ? I am in Toronto Canada (zone 5b or 6?) Thanks in advance.

Sycamore.
Hi, are you sure about sycarmore ? Someone told me it is a messy tree.

They have very large leaves, but that is only a consideration in the fall. I have several and they don't cause any mess. Their relative the London plane tree (Platanus x acerifolia ) is often used along streets. I've never read about any problems with them causing a mess. You might consider that one. It is very tolerant of pollution and salt.

I guess it depends on location and/or variety. In S. Central Texas they drop leaves constantly and are, indeed, a mess.
Tyler
Did you call the cityhall? THey have information available about trees, and I think you can get some for free or at discount
--
Paulo
"JW" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
MALE ginko. turns brilliant yellow and all the leaves drop in 1 day. it tolerates pollution incredibly well and is resistant to almost anything. it is from the dawn of evolution of trees. Ingrid
tolerates

the dawn

I second that. They are very sculptural, too. Pyramid shaped, and the leaves are not too broad, so the sunlight dapples through them beautifully.
Toni
Thanks for the suggestion. We have a lot of ginko in the neighbour where I work. I thought they turn orange red in fall instead of yellow, no ? Anyway would did you specify a MALE ? And how do I tell the sex of the tree when I go to the nursery ? I do not always trust the experts at the usual gardening centre that I go to, because they seems to have hired a lot of highschool students lately who pretend to be experts which they are not ....