Tree root question

How far from cement driveway / sidewalks should you plant trees to avoid problems with roots damaging the concrete?

How far from a septic tank and line should you plant trees to avoid problems with roots damage?

The specific trees I'm concerned with are Rocky Mt Juniper and Colorado Blue Spruce.

Thanks, Bill

Reply to
BillC

These might help:

Norminn

Hi Bill

The roots are not invasive with Picea pungens and Juniperus virginiana.

Derryl Killan

Horticulturalist

Reply to
Derryl

Does that mean no problem in either case?

Reply to
BillC

I would use the adult height of the tree as a minimum. I don't like to take chances with septic fields.

Berkshire Bill

Reply to
Berkshire Bill