tree problems to address

The same problems over and over again. The message is the same.

Reply to
symplastless

Don't fret too much over it, John. For reasons it's better not to ponder, there will always be a segment of society which doesn't read, and expects fast answers and instant gratification.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Particularly with John's level of information.

Reply to
D. Staples

At least John has information, all you have are invectives. If you have something to say, say it. Quit this passive aggressive maiden aunt routine.

Reply to
Billy

You enjoy reading false information, as found in John's "dictionary"? Ask a question, on trees, and I will answer to the best of my ability. Or, follow John, and stay confused.

Oh, wait, I forgot, you are the know it all.

Reply to
D. Staples

Here's my perspective. Most us can make observations of conditions. Most us don't know the cause. Just observe stuff that may or may not have been the cause of a condition.

Many websites are terribly informative. They may or may not address a particular condition observed. And may be confused by the observer as the actual source of the condition, and even misdiagnose the condition based on such information. And may follow such advice to address correcting a misdiagnosed condition. Singular afflictions are usually addressed by such information, not multiple causes that may manifest themselves as something slightly different or differently entirely.

Conclusion: If you want sound information, call an arborist to personally observe your afflicted tree. Dave

Reply to
Dave

And here is the questions to use selecting an arborist:

symplastless

All you can do is hustle Shigo's work? Pitiful.

Beware of so-called tree biologist who have never studied biology.

Reply to
Don Staples

Personally I find Johns postings boring and distant. Instead of just referring to web sites, I would like it if he could state his take on a question and then post a site that supports his conclusion but that is just me. John doesn't have to make me happy, he is suppling information, his way, and I can take it or leave it.

I would ask you, that if you find a mistake in John's dictionary, or in any of his postings, please correct it without resorting to character assassination. Then, maybe, we all could learn something instead of just being subjected to the rancor, but that's just me. This isn't my NG. I just post in it.

Reply to
Billy

Sound advice Dave but I think most of us are here to do it on the cheap. We can learn about plants. We can learn about parasites and diseases. We can test our soils. We can grow too. Sometimes I think people are just lonely and use their plants to reach out to others. Other times I think that people may have figured out some gardening puzzle and when they tell their friends, they just get a blank stare, whereas here, they may get accolades. These NGs serve many functions.

Reply to
Billy

Changed my post/reply name.

Sure, most people are willing to learn and share info. Can save your veggies are what-not in the process. No big deal if not successful, try again next year. A tree is a different story if you don't want to lose it. I neither support or against any arborist recommended by the original poster.

Reply to
Dioclese

I have a pretty good understanding of trees. Shigo has offered a lot to people who had a desire to learn about trees. What are you suggesting I do? Forget about the teachings?

BTW people who would like to read some of Shigo's

Literature Available by Dr. Shigo is here:
Hard to get Documents
Tree Pruning
you have any suggestions please let me know. 610-864-5251

Don Staples claims to be a tree expert yet he has little if any understanding of tree biology. And that bothers him and I think he is jealous.

Forestry "Get the wood out" or; Management to get the wood out! My concern, and question is, how can anyone manage something they do not understand? Until forestry teaches the parts of the system, problems will increase, not decrease. Thinking: How can they manage something, if they do not know what the something is? Forests are natural systems made up of trees and their associates connected in such highly ordered ways that all parts have equal opportunities for survival as energy is trapped. Would in not be wonderful if people really knew what they were talking about! Especially if they discuss forest management

John A. Keslick, Jr. Consulting Arborist

of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not understand TREE BIOLOGY! Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding us that we are not the boss.

Reply to
symplastless

Stop living through some one elses work.

That's funny, I had more biology as a freshman than you have in all your 2 day courses, tree butcher.

John is a tree butcher, making his living cutting limbs, and trying to be Dr. Shigo.

Beware of so-called tree biologist who have never studied biology.

Reply to
D. Staples

Butchers are highly skilled people. Thank you for the compliment.

Reply to
symplastless

My website on removing limbs is here:

symplastless

did you get my photos?

Reply to
Jangchub

Dang it. Did you send me any dissections? I remember seeing the first ones you sent me but I do not know what I did with them. I dio not remember the second pictures.

Reply to
symplastless

Reply to
Jangchub