Tree planting during hot summer - bad?

Hello, I was wondering if it was OK for me to transplant a Yaupon Holly this week in San Antonio, Texas? The reason why I ask is because I heard that I should wait until the Fall when temps begin to decline a little bit. If i were to plant it now, the high summer heat would prevent the tree from growing at its full potential during this early crucial planting stage.
Is it OK for me to do it this week or should I wait until late September?
Avg. temps are: May (86), June (91), July (94), Aug (94), Sept (90), Oct. (82).

I'd hazard a guess . May 86 vs. Sept 90 not that much BUT I'd provide shade Shade and water often. Why risk it unless you have too. Which makes no sense as gardening is not a race.
Bill
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
skunker wrote:

Wait until October. The soil will still be quite warm, encouraging root growth. The air will begin to cool, reducing water stress.
Where I live, October and early November are the prime planting months for trees and shrubs. But bare root items are not planted until January and February.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean