tree peony wont bloom

I have 4 peonies in a south facing raised bed. 2 herbaceous, 2 tree peonies. All grow and bloom vigorously except 1 tree peony. I think it bloomed once in 2005. Then one branch was hanging down so low I cut it off. It hasnt bloomed since then. I also set my figs to the east and it gets some shade in the morning, but the azalea to the east blooms just fine. I dont over fertilize or even over water it. So what might be the problem? It really is large and robust otherwise. Ingrid
snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com wrote:

Got any tiny spider mite sized red dots in the foliage? Easier to see early on. I had to use a systemic to rid the problem. Worked but...Nasty stuff now residing in a decaying plastic container. Peonies are now happy and my search for upward facing blooms goes on.
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Lime, lots of lime.