Tree Lilies

I have been growing Lilies for many years and have tried some TREE LILIES this year. They have started to open their buds and are already very sturdy.

They have been on sale for a few years and has anyone tried them? I have a question in that one seller says "At end of season cut the thick stem down to a couple of inches above the compost". Another says "Leave them and they will shoot from the old stem next season".

This is all different from "normal" Lily bulbs.

Has anyone grown them for a second year and what did they do at the end of the season? Please tell me.

Reply to
petrofin

:) they look nice in the catalog...

cut back after all foliage has died back and stem has gone brown would be my guess.

can't see any other reason to do anything else with them, if you're in the uk you don't have to worry about deep freezes.

here is one place that actually has info (down towards the bottom) i have no idea if it is good info or not.

songbird

Reply to
songbird