Tree ID help needed

I've not been able to match this tree to the descriptions in my old middle school library field guides.
The tree is growing over 30 feet tall and does not seem too rare in some edge situations. I've attached a link to a picture of it on our fledgling nature trail site, as one of the hikers was curious about what it was. Here's the link: https://sites.google.com/site/carringtonnaturetrail/photo-gallery
Thanks,
Dave Ross Durham, NC snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

situations. I've attached a link to a picture of it on our fledgling nature trail site, as one of the hikers was curious about what it was. Here's the link:

If the flowers are blue or lavender, the identification on your cited Web page is correct: Paulownia tomentosa.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see

situations. I've attached a link to a picture of it on our fledgling nature trail site, as one of the hikers was curious about what it was. Here's the link:

Not necessarily true. P.kawakamii is not an invasive variety of Paulownia. It has lavender/blue flowers and I have one in my yard for a very long time and not one seed has germinated, anywhere. There are Paulownia plantations in areas of the US because of how fast it grows and its uses as a viable renewable resource. Not all are P. tomentosa if they are lavender or blue. Just as an FYI.