tree disease and cure?

Hello all,

I am brand new here and believe my tree has a disease... I have inherited the tree when i bought the house last year... i don't know what type of tree it is, it now has black spots all over the bark and undersides of all the branches (attached pic's) the leaves look as though they are deteriorating around the edges and the tree is loosing leaves... I am in the north east UK.

Can anyone tell me what type of tree this is, if this is a disease what type, and is there a cure...?

Any help/advice would be very much appreciated... Thanks legepe

||Filename: IMAG02.jpg | |Download:
legepe

Looks like a bad case of scale insect to me, there are various cures. Check goggle images for a match.

David Hare-Scott

Thanks a lot for the information...

legepe

It looks like a variegated box elder tree (possibly Acer negundo 'Flamingo'), with a serious infestation of scale insect.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz