Transplanting Worms To Your Garden Bed

Here in PA we have large worms we call nightcrawlers. Many people say that rototilling kills many worms in your garden bed and I can understand that. But if the rest of your lawn is loaded with worms, couldn't it be possible to just catch them at night and transfer them to the garden bed? In my area, it's very easy to catch 100 plus worms a night. Once you placed them in the bed, it's my opinion that they would enjoy the freshly tilled soil and continue to reside as well as reproduce there.
Rich
On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 02:20:18 -0500, White_Noise snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (EVP MAN) wrote:

Make a pile of moist leaves, wait a week or two, and the worms will come or add the worms to the heap. They will quickly reproduce under ideal conditions. You can supplement their diet with cornmeal. Without food they will search for better pastures.