Transplanting Screwup

I have this indoor evergreen plant (I don't know its name) that was the center plant in this picture

pic was taken a few years ago when it was in pretty bad shape. Now it's about double that size and relatively healthy but became root bound in its pot. Today I transplanted it into its new, larger pot and I screwed up and half of the root ball fell off. I should have been more careful. Anyway, now that it is in a much larger pot with only half a root ball, is there anything I should do to make sure this plant doesn't go into shock and die on me? It looks fine now but I just did the botched transplant operation a few hours ago.

Reply to
Mark Anderson

Seems to me that if part of the rootball just fell off, it wasn't a very important part of the root. But as for transplant shock, a feeding of Vitamin B should help.

-paghat the ratgirl

Reply to
paghat

Hi, The plant is Norfolk Island Pine (Araucaria heterophylla) and can be grown from cuttings so the loss of some of the root ball should be tolerated.

has a lot of info on maintaining this plant and Google can bring lots more on care as a house plant. HTH -_- how

no NEWS is good

Reply to
howNEWS

Thanks a lot for that website; it was very informative. Unfortunately, mother nature has been a real b*tch this spring here in Chicago and we're getting low temps below 40 (including a frost in the suburbs on the frost free date of May 15!). It was good to know that that plant can't deal with sub 40 temps so I had to lug that 100+ pound planter inside. (-:

Reply to
Mark Anderson