Transplanting Cannas

I have a large broken window that needs to be replaced. Unfort. I have quite a few large blooming cannas directly in front of this window. I just know the guys when they come to replace the entire window will just trample them down. Can I transplant these now with the blooms? Should I just cut them down to the ground and leave the bulbs in place? Or take advantage of the situation and divide up the bulbs now? I don't want to lose these.
Cindy
If you can pry up a good spit of soil with the tubers and set them aside in the shade you can put them back when the window is done. Don't cut off anything until you replant them and then any mangled leaves can be removed.